ARRIVAL & DISMISSAL PROCEDURES
Updated August 3, 2023 - For the safety of the students and staff, PHSSA will modify these procedures as needed.
The doors will open for students to arrive at PHSSA between 7:45 and 8:00 a.m. Students will not be admitted to the building before 7:45 am. Parents/guardians can escort their students to the building entrance, where a PHSSA staff member will greet them.
Students who will be eating breakfast will report to the cafeteria. The breakfast line will close at 8:00 a.m.
Students who will not be eating breakfast will report to their classroom.
Students are tardy at 8:10 am and must be signed in at the main office by their parent/guardian.
Car drop-off and parking
- Parents will line up in the rear parking lot in an elongated U formation. The gateway to the rear parking lot is sized for two lanes – one for entering, one for exiting. Please place your vehicle to allow for both of these lanes (see map above).
- Children will go up stairs at the rear of the building and enter through the library in the morning and exit the building the same way in the afternoon.
- Staff parking is in the back parking lot along the rear of the building and the section of fence closest to the playground.
- Parents/volunteers may park in the spaces along the rear fence line closest to the Rain Garden.
- Two handicap parking spaces are located in the front parking lot close to the main building entrance.
- Additional parking is available in the 3300 block of Semmes Avenue (both sides of the street).
- Visitor parking (front lot) is for use between 8:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Entry to and exit from this lot will be blocked during peak drop-off/pick-up times.
- There is no parking, stopping, or idling of personal vehicles allowed on W. 34th street from 8 am – 4 pm on school days. (Signs are posted) PLEASE DO NOT DROP YOUR CHILDREN OFF ON 34TH STREET!
- There is no parking or prolonged waiting in the alleyways.
- Parents are welcome to park behind baseball field or on other side streets and walk their children up to the school building.